FARMERS NETWORK - Large Scale Clearing and SELF REGULATION has not worked!
OBJECTIVES – CARE FOR OUR COUNTRY - Support existing farmers and Reverse Australia’s Wildlife Extinction Crisis
- Support existing family farmers to increase Farm production & bio-diversity on land that has already been cleared, rather than clear native habitat, which is out of control.
- The proposed Northern Australian Development for industrialized expansion of Cotton, Rice, Sugar and cattle farming to suit the global commodity market, may not be how Australian Tax Payers want their money to be spent.
- Supporting existing farmers to create riparian wildlife corridors also creates jobs which has a flow on affect for the regional towns, our water quality and our Oceans, such as the Great Barrier Reef and The Gulf which support multi-billion-dollar tourism & fishing businesses to our country.
- The Tax Payer has a right that their money is invested in caring for our Country.
Other vested interested Agendas against this big picture STRATEGY is divisive and gives good farmers a bad name.
What do we stand to lose if we keep Clearing Native Vegetation?
- Hundreds & hundreds of species of Australian wildlife are now on the brink of extinction in Australia, one of the main reasons is land clearing or loss of habitat.
- Dust Storms, Droughts followed by Desertification. These and other factors can cause desertification & Climate Change. *see notes.
- Water quality of our Rivers, creeks and Oceans are affected by land clearing.
- Future family farming and Bio-Diversity loss of a massive scale
- Large Scale Industrialized Agriculture to replace Native Vegetation Habitat and the Damning of our wild Rivers in Northern Australia for the bulk commodity market
- DEMOCRACY - Large corporations influencing Government Policies and Decisions
Clearing native vegetation has Economic affects to other industries and opportunities-
- Future family farming, and jobs
- Rivers, creeks, oceans water quality - the fishing industry
- The Bee industry
- Tourism and jobs
- Harvesting of Native Vegetation opportunities
Support Existing farming bio-diversity and water quality where land has already been cleared. This provides worthwhile jobs and benefits the quality of food for our country and exports.
Caring for our Country is an urgent priority on all sides of politics as we now experience a mass extinction crisis
* note (Deforestation has significant effects on the weather. These range from local distortions to contributions to global climate change. Deforestation removes the ability of the forest to sequester carbon, absorb sunlight, process water and block the wind) Forests transport large quantities of water into the atmosphere via plant transpiration. This replenishes the clouds and instigates rain that maintains the forests. When deforestation occurs, precious rain is lost from the area, flowing away as river water and causing permanent drying. The next affect is desertification on a massive scale.)